For Immediate Release
Non-Credit Automotive, Transportation & Computer Classes in December
Two non-credit computer courses are being offered at Catawba Valley Community College in December on Saturdays through its Learning & Personal Enrichment Innovation Center.
• Word Level II, Dec. 4 and 11, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. If you are already familiar with Word, this class offers more complex features, such as using multiple Windows, section formatting, print merge and more. The class will held at the CVCC East Campus, room 946. Cost is $70.
• Internet Essentials, Dec. 18, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. This workshop begins with a brief overview of the Internet. You will learn to save and organize browser favorites. You will also cover newsgroups, Google tricks, and other search engines, plus free time to explore or ask questions. The class will be held at East Campus, room 946. Cost is $45.
The Workforce Development Innovation Center is offering several training opportunities are available for automotive professionals in December:
• Vehicle Safety Inspection, Sat., Dec., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; cost is $65.
• Vehicle OBD II Emissions Initial, Sat., Dec. 11, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; cost is $83.
• Vehicle OBD II Emissions Recertification, Sat., Dec. 18, 8 a.m. to noon; cost is $83.
• Auto Dealer Renewal Training, Thurs., Dec. 16, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; cost is $70.
Catawba Valley Community College’s Workforce Development Innovation Center is offering several one-day training opportunities related to the transportation industry in December.
A one-day Escort Vehicle Operator Certification will be offered Tues., December 21, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The class will be held in room 958 at the CVCC East Campus in Hickory. This eight-hour course satisfies the requirements set by the N.C. Dept. of Transportation to certify oversize-overweight load escort vehicle drivers. Course components consist of defensive driving, escort driver requirements, skills training, and an exam. The cost is $69.
A number of one-day Work Zone Flagger training classes will be offered in December. Participants may choose from:
• Thurs., Dec. 2, 8 a.m. to noon.
• Thurs., Dec, 2, 6 to 10 p.m.
• Mon., Dec. 6, 8 a.m. to noon.
• Mon., Dec. 6, 6 to 10 p.m.
• Sat., Dec. 11, 8 a.m. to noon.
This course trains flaggers to provide safe passage or traffic through and around work areas and to minimize confusion by teaching standard flagging procedures. The four-hour course is approved and meets the requirements of the N.C. Dept. of Transportation. The cost is $69.
To register, call Janet Lail at 828-327-7000, ext. 4116.