Fall Intersession Class
Get a jump on spring with Fall Intersession Classes at Catawba Valley Community College
What is Fall Intersession?
Fall Intersession is an online intensive four or 8-week class offered between fall and spring semesters:
Students currently taking classes at CVCC - If you are taking classes at CVCC in the Fall semester,you may visit the Advising Center (located on the lower level of the Student Services building) for information.
Students new to CVCC - If you are enrolled at another college/university and wish to take a Fall Intersession class, follow all these easy steps before 5:00 PM Tuesday, November 26, 2019.
Note: You need a working email address you check daily before proceeding with this process.
If you have already completed the NC Residency Determination Interview for another school and have a Residency Certification Number (RCN), you do not need to re-do the residency interview. Using your existing RCN, complete and submit the CVCC Application.
If you have not completed the NC Residency Determination Interview, you need to complete it to get a Residency Certification Number (RCN) before submitting the application.
- Once you have an RCN, complete the online application for admission before 5:00 PM Tuesday, November 26, 2019. Choose “Fall 2019” as your entry term and “Special Credit/Visiting” student as your intended major.
- As soon as you submit the online Application for Admission, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following three items:
- Use your cell phone to take a photo of your driver's license. The photo must be clear and readable.
- In an email, Include the name and section number of the class you want to take (Example: PSY 150-805).
- If the class has a prerequisite, attach a scan copy or screen shot of unofficial transcript. Be sure your name is visible on the transcript.
- Tuition plus applicable fees is due on or before Monday, December 2, 2019. Tuition may be paid in person at the CVCC Business Office or online from your CVCC Student Portal/Self Service. Visiting students may pay for tuition and fees with cash, check, debit card, or major credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express.) The Business Office is unable to accept credit card payments by telephone.
- Textbooks are not included in tuition. Find out what books you need and how to get them at The Campus Store.
- Visiting students may order an official copy of their CVCC transcript to be sent to their home college/university in mid-January, 2019.
The College requires five business days to create student online accounts and access to Blackboard. Students need a desktop or laptop computer with dependable Internet and Mozilla Firefox. Do not use Internet Explorer or smart phones for online classes.
CVCC is not responsible for transfer credit at another school. Make certain any classes you take are transferable to your college. Check with your academic advisor or registrar at your home institution.
Email email@example.com if you have questions.