Spring Intersession Classes
Intersession classes are offered between the semesters as "mini-term" courses. These intensive 4 to 8-week classes offer students and visiting students more flexible options.
Spring Intersession is a “mini-term” whereby students may take a course offered completely online. Intersession courses are intensive and last either 4 weeks (April 29 to May 28, 2020) or 8 weeks (April 29 to June 25, 2020).
Important Information to Consider
- Check the course offerings at Semester Schedules. Consult the College Catalog for necessary prerequisites and course descriptions.
- Students currently taking classes at CVCC-If you are taking classes at CVCC in the Spring semester, you may visit the Advising Center (located on the lower level of the Student Services building) for information or registration.
- For “NEW TO CVCC” students, the deadline for submitted Applications and “course request” emails to firstname.lastname@example.org is Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 5:00 PM. The College requires five (5) business days to create student online accounts and access to Blackboard.
- Students need dependable Internet service on a laptop or desktop with Chrome or Mozilla. Do not use a smart phone for online coursework.
- CVCC is not responsible for transfer credit at another school. Make certain any classes you take are transferable to your college by checking with your academic advisor or registrar at your home institution.
Getting Started as a visiting Student for Intersession:
Note: You need a working email address you check daily before proceeding with this process:
- If you have already completed the NC Residency Determination Interview for another school and have a Residency Certification Number (RCN), you do not need to re-do the residency interview. You do need to visit NC Residency Determination Interview website and check to make sure your Residency Certification Number does not expire before January 8, 2020. If it does, simply choose “Reconsideration” and then the “RCN Is Expiring.” Once you have completed the “Reconsideration”, email email@example.com and note you have completed a residency reconsideration.
- Using your unexpired RCN, complete and submit the CVCC Application. Choose SPRING as the entry term and SPECIAL CREDIT/VISITING STUDENT as the intended major.
- If you have not completed the NC Residency Determination Interview, complete the residency questionnaire to receive a Residency Certification Number (RCN). Your Residency Certification Number (RCN) is required for the CVCC Application and should be completed before submitting the CVCC Application.
- Once you have an RCN, complete the online Application for Admission before 5:00 PM on Thursday, April 23, 2020. Choose “Spring” as your entry term and “Special Credit/Visiting” student as your intended major.
- Very Important-Immediately after submitting the Application, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following three (3) items:
- Use your cell phone to take a photo of your driver's license. The photo must be clear and readable.
- In your email, include the name and section number of the CVCC class you want to take (Example: PSY 150-805) from the appropriate semester schedule.
- If the class has a prerequisite, attach a scan copy or screen shot of unofficial transcript. Be sure your name is visible on the transcript.
- Tuition plus applicable fees is due at the time of registration. Please view the CVCC Business Office website for tuition payment options.
- Textbooks are not included in tuition and are available from the CVCC Campus Store.
- Visiting students may order an official CVCC transcript to be sent to their home college or university after the intersession term is finished.
For more information, contact us at (828) 327-7000, Ext. 4216 or email email@example.com.