Spring Intersession Classes
Spring Intersession is a “mini-term” whereby students may take a course offered completely online. Intersession courses are intensive and last either 4 weeks (April 29 to May 28, 2020) or 8 weeks (April 29 to June 25, 2020).
For “NEW TO CVCC” students, the deadline for submitted Applications and “course request” emails to email@example.com is Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
Students currently taking classes at CVCC-If you are taking classes at CVCC in the Spring 2020 semester, you may visit the Advising Center (located on the lower level of the Student Services building) for information or registration.
Students NEW TO CVCC-If you are enrolled at another college/university and wish to take an Intersession class, follow all these easy steps by Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 5:00pm. Note: You need a working email address you check daily before proceeding with this process:
- If you have already completed the NC Residency Determination Interview for another school and have a Residency Certification Number (RCN), you do not need to re-do the residency interview. You do need to visit NC Residency Determination Interview website and check to make sure your Residency Certification Number does not expire before January 8, 2020. If it does, simply choose “Reconsideration” and then the “RCN Is Expiring.” Once you have completed the “Reconsideration”, email firstname.lastname@example.org and note you have completed a residency reconsideration.
- Using your unexpired RCN, complete and submit the CVCC Application. Choose SPRING 2020 as the entry term and SPECIAL CREDIT/VISITING STUDENT as the intended major.
- If you have not completed the NC Residency Determination Interview, complete the residency questionnaire to receive a Residency Certification Number (RCN). Your Residency Certification Number (RCN) is required for the CVCC Application and should be completed before submitting the CVCC Application.
- Once you have an RCN, complete the online Application for Admission before 5:00 PM on Thursday, April 23, 2020. Choose “SP 2020” as your entry term and “Special Credit/Visiting” student as your intended major.
- As soon as you submit the online Application, send an email to email@example.com that includes the following three items:
- Use your cell phone to take a photo of your driver's license. The photo must be clear and readable.
- In an email, include the name and section number of the CVCC class you want to take (Example: PSY 150-805).
- If the class has a prerequisite, attach a scan copy or screen shot of unofficial transcript. Be sure your name is visible on the transcript.
- Tuition plus applicable fees is due at the time of registration. Tuition may be paid in person at the CVCC Business Office or online from your CVCC Student Portal/Self Service. Visiting students may pay for tuition and fees with cash, check, debit card, or major credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express.) The Business Office is unable to accept credit card payments by telephone.
- Textbooks are not included in tuition. Find out what books you need and how to get them at The Campus Store.
- Visiting students may order an official CVCC transcript to be sent to their home college or university after the intersession term is finished.
The College requires five (5) business days to create student online accounts and access to Blackboard. Students need a desktop or laptop computer with dependable internet and Mozilla Firefox. Do not use Internet Explorer or smart phones for online classes.
CVCC is not responsible for transfer credit at another school. Make certain any classes you take are transferable to your college by checking with your academic advisor or registrar at your home institution.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions.