College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) testing information
- CVCC is an approved College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) test site.
- We offer all 33 CLEP exams currently available through College Board.
- Students are encouraged to visit the CLEP website to learn more details about this program and to access the tutorial and registration video.
- Please call the Testing Center at (828) 327-7000, ext. 4048 to schedule a CLEP proctoring appointment
- Create an account by following the prompts on the CLEP website to register and purchase the desired CLEP exam.
- Print a copy of the test ticket and registration receipt and bring to your testing appointment—without the ticket and registration number, we are unable to administer the test.
- The Testing Center charges a $25 fee to proctor the CLEP test that has been purchased from College Board. Students may pay the proctoring fee at the East Campus Business Office and must present the receipt on test day.
- The Testing Center is located on CVCC's East Campus: 2760 US Highway 70 SE, Hickory, NC 28602.
- Student must bring valid government issued photo ID in order to test.
- A successful score on the CLEP exam does not guarantee course credit. CLEP credit granting policies can vary from institution to institution, so students should investigate the CLEP credit granting policies of each receiving institution.