CVCC welcomes students enrolled at other schools to take classes during the summer. Visiting students may take courses during the summer with the goal of transferring course credit back to the school of origin.
Note: CVCC is not responsible for transfer credit to another school. To ensure any classes you take at CVCC are transferable back to your college, check with an Academic Advisor or Registrar at your home institution for advisement.
Application Submission Deadlines: To enroll in classes that begin at the start of the summer term (May 29), applications must be submitted and processed by May 21, 2019.
For Summer Intersession 1 (June 1), applications and course requests must be submitted by May 21, 2019.
For Summer Intersession 2 (July), applications and course requests must be submitted by June 24, 2019.
When completing the Application, please choose SU19 as your “Entry Term.”
If you have already completed the NC Residency Determination Interview for another school and have a Residency Certification Number (RCN), you do not need to re-do the residency interview. Using your existing RCN, complete and submit the CVCC Application.
If you have not completed the NC Residency Determination Interview, you need to complete it to get a Residency Certification Number (RCN) before submitting the Application.
- As soon as you submit the Application, check the Summer Course Schedule to determine the courses you wish to take. Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information:
- Use your cell phone to take a photo of your driver's license. The photo must be clear and readable;
- The name and section number of the class you want to take (Example: PSY 150-805); and
- If the class has a prerequisite, attach an unofficial transcript (or screen shot) of your transcript. Be sure your name is visible on the transcript.
- Tuition plus all applicable fees is due at time of registration. Tuition may be paid in person at the CVCC Business Office or online from your CVCC Student Portal/Self Service. Visiting students may pay tuition and fees with cash, check, debit card, or major credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express.) The CVCC Business Office is unable to take credit card payments over the phone.
- Textbooks are not included in tuition. Find out what books you need and how to get them at The Campus Store.
- Visiting students may order an official copy of their CVCC transcript to be sent to their home college/university at the conclusion of the class.
The College requires 5 business days to create student online accounts. Classes are offered in Blackboard; you need dependable Internet service on a laptop/desktop with Chrome or Mozilla.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.