What is Winter Intersession?
Winter Intersession is an online intensive four week class offered between fall and spring semesters: December 5, 2017 - January 3, 2018
Check course offerings on the Semester Schedules.Consult the College Catalog for prerequisites and course descriptions.
Students currently taking classes at CVCC - If you are taking classes at CVCC in the Fall semester,you may visit the Advising Center (located on the lower level of the Student Services building) for information.
Students new to CVCC - If you are enrolled at another college/university and wish to take a Winter Intersession class, follow these easy steps before Monday, November 27, 2017.
Note: You need a working email address you check daily before proceeding with this process.
- Complete the online Application for Admission before Monday, November 27, 2017. Choose Fall 2017 as your entry term and “SPECIAL CREDIT” as your intended major. (Special Credit is listed alphabetical order in the Programs of Study option.)
- As soon as you submit the online Application for Admission, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following 3 items:
- Use your cell phone to take a photo of your driver's license. The photo must be CLEAR and READABLE.
- In an email, Include the name and section number of the class you want to take (Example: PSY 150-805).
- If the class has a prerequisite, attach a scan copy or screen shot of unofficial transcript. Be sure your name is visible on the transcript.
- Tuition plus applicable fees is due on or before Friday, December 1, 2017. Tuition may be paid in person at the CVCC Business Office or online from your CVCC Student Portal/Self Service. The Business Office is unable to accept credit cards payments by telephone. Visiting students may pay for tuition and fees with cash, check, debit card, or major credit card (Mastercard, Visa, Discover, or American Express.) The CVCC business office is unable to take credit cards over the phone.
- Textbooks are not included in tuition. Find out what books you need and how to get them at The Campus Store.
- Visiting students may order an official copy of their CVCC transcript to be sent to their home college/university in mid-January, 2018.
The College requires 5 business days to create student online accounts. Classes are offered in Blackboard; you need dependable internet service on a laptop/desktop with Chrome or Mozilla.
CVCC is not responsible for transfer credit at another school. Make certain any classes you take are transferable to your college. Check with your Academic Advisor or Registrar at your home institution.
Email email@example.com if you have questions.