Pathways to Health Careers
Need a new job? Explore a career in health care with Pathways to Health Careers.
This course was developed to meet training needs of unemployed and underemployed adults. The content of instructional materials will focus on exploration of a variety of careers in the healthcare profession. The class addresses one or more of the following topics: medical career exploration, resume and job application techniques, interviewing techniques and competitive job seeking methods. Pre-test given in this class
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Gain an understanding of the roles and duties of CNA, phlebotomy, and other healthcare occupations and job outlook
- Learn and demonstrate effective resume and job application techniques
- Learn and demonstrate effective job interviewing techniques and job seeking skills
- Complete pre-test for vocabulary and reading comprehension skills
- Students will utilize internet search sites for occupational purposes
- Students will explore components of career skills software
- Students will gain and strengthen math and measurement skills
Note: Pathways to Health Careers is offered at three locations during the school year. Please find the location that will best suit you.
Students must complete competency testing prior to attending the classes below. Competency testing is offered in the Employability Lab during scheduled class times.
This course is a career exploration class required prior to entry into phlebotomy and nurse aide I. Exemptions to this requirement are considered if a candidate has completed a college level English course or successfully passed a college entry exam. Job seeking and keeping strategies are detailed.
|Mar 2-5||Mon-Thu||8:00 AM-1:00 PM||East Campus Room 1114|
|Apr 6-9||Mon-Thu||8:00 AM-1:00 PM||East Campus Room 1114|
|May 4-7||Mon-Thu||8:00 AM-1:00 PM||East Campus Room 1114|
|Jun 1-4||Mon-Thu||8:00 AM-1:00 PM||East Campus Room 1114|
|Jul 13-16||Mon-Thu||8:00 AM-1:00 PM||East Campus Room 1114|