The Radiography program begins in the Fall Semester. Admission to the program is based upon completion of all Minimum Admission Requirements (MARs) as listed on the “Minimum Admission Requirements” page found in the admission packet by January 31 and the competitive selection process. To begin the admissions process, complete the CVCC Application for Admission, attend a Starting Points Session, and visit with an admission staff member in Student Services. The application must be received by CVCC no later than January 31. You must see a counselor in Student Services to complete the application process.
Applicants must meet minimum admission requirements, including course coompletion, by the January 31st deadline.
Each applicant will be evaluated using the criteria listed below. The points an applicant receives from each of these criteria will be added together. Those applicants receiving the highest number of points will be admitted to the program until the class is filled. The Radiography program expects to accept eight (8) to ten (10) students per academic year, depending on availability of clinical space.
Criterion 1: Past Academic Performance
- Assignment of points for general education courses completed out of the Radiography curriculum.
Criterion 2: PSB Exam
- All students must take the PSB Exam for Health Occupations
- An applicant may take the Health Occupations PSB Exam once per academic year. (For applicants who have tested more than once, the higher score will be used.) Scores older than three years will not be considered.
- The applicant must achieve a minimum 30th percentile score on each of the following areas of the exam: Academic Aptitude, Reading Comprehension, and Information in the Natural Sciences.
Optional Bonus Points: Health Care Experience (Applicants may use ONE of these for extra points)
- Proof of current certification or licensure in another health care profession
- Documented volunteer activities in an in-patient health care facility (Min. 6 mos. FT/equiv. Within last 3 years.)
- Documented patient care experience in a health care facility (Min. 6 mos. FT/equiv. Within last 3 years.)
AFTER initial acceptance, but prior to the first day of class, applicants must:
- Attend an orientation session as scheduled by the Radiography Program Director
- Submit a completed health examination form certifying that they are able to participate in the activities of a health profession in a clinical setting.
For additional information, contact Bruce James, Radiography Program Director, at 828/327-7000, Ext. 4132, or email@example.com.
Applicants are responsible for completing admission requirements, making sure all materials have been received by the College, and for informing the College of any changes in personal information, such as name or mailing address. Personal information changes require photo identification and must be made in person at Student Records.
For information on the admissions process, please contact Student Services at 828-327-7000 ext. 4216.
Transfers are only considered from other community colleges within the North Carolina Community College System. If you wish to transfer from another community college system or hospital-based program, you will need to apply for advanced placement. Individuals wishing to be considered for transfer or advanced placement should contact the Radiography Program Director directly to discuss requirements and procedures.
Mail Applications and Transcripts to:
Catawba Valley Community College
Student Records/Allied Health Admissions
2550 Highway 70 SE
Hickory, NC 28602