human resources development
KeyTrain Employability Lab
This course provides employability skills training for unemployed and underemployed adults. The curriculum framework is based on a specific job goal (Career Readiness Certification). Students will take the KeyTrain pre-tests, and then will work on the online skill-building lessons to prepare for success in taking the WorkKeys assessments in Reading for Information, Applied Mathematics, and Locating Information. Students who would like to take the WorkKeys assessment will need to sign up for one of the scheduled WorkKeys sessions. (These sessions are not part of the Employability Lab’s schedule). This course may be linked either at the beginning of ending of an occupational course.
NOTE: This course is open-entry/open-exit during the lab operating hours. Also, students cannot be enrolled in two lab sessions at one time.
Course Learning Objectives:
- Students will gain an understanding of the Career Readiness Certification
- Students will learn skills to assist them in successful completion of the Career Readiness Certification
- Students will obtain job seeking skills
- Students will learn job keeping skills
- Students will take a pre-test to demonstrate competency in Reading for Information, Locating Information, and Applied Mathematics
KeyTrain Employability Lab East Campus
|Tuesday||8:00am - 12:00pm AND 1:00pm - 5:00pm||East Campus/1046|
|Wednesday||8:00am - 12:00pm AND 1:00pm - 5:00pm||East Campus/1046|
|Thursday||8:00am - 12:00pm AND 1:00pm - 5:00pm||East Campus/1046|
|Tues & Thurs||8:30am - 12:30pm||Alexander Center|
|Tues & Thurs||5:30pm - 8:30pm||East Campus/946|