human resources development
Pathways to Healthcare
This course was developed to meet training needs of unemployed and underemployed adults. The content of instructional materials will focus on exploration of a variety of careers in the healthcare profession. The class addresses one or more of the following topics: medical career exploration, resume and job application techniques, interviewing techniques, job seeking and job keeping skills and entry-level skills awareness. (Pre-test given in this class).
Course Learning Outcomes:
By completion of class, at a minimum, students will have:
- Gained an understanding of the roles and duties of healthcare occupations.
- Learned and demonstrated effective resume and job application techniques.
- Leaned and demonstrated effective job interviewing techniques and job seeking skills.
- Learned and demonstrated effective job keeping skills that relate to the healthcare field.
- Completed pre-test for vocabulary and reading comprehension skills.
|05/14/13 - 05/15/13||Tues & Wed||8:30am - 3:00pm||ASU 1118|
|06/11/13 - 06/12/13||Tues & Wed||8:30am - 3:00pm||ASU 1118|
|07/16/13 - 07/17/13||Tues & Wed||8:30am - 3:00pm||ASU 1118|
|08/13/13 - 08/14/13||Tues & Wed||8:30am - 3:00pm||ASU 1118|
Alexander Center for Education (ACE)
Classes will be added as needed.