Important Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Information
The most important step in applying for financial aid is completing the FAFSA. Students should complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1st each year.
To complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA, students should use their and/or their parents' 2016 tax information. To complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA, students should use their and/or their parent's 2017 tax information.
Note: There is NO charge associated with submitting the FAFSA. It is a FREE application. If you have questions, contact The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid or the Federal Student Aid Agency at (800) 433-3243.
Follow these steps to apply for financial aid at CVCC:
- Go to the CVCC Apply Now page and follow the application steps.
- Create a FSA ID. Students, parents, and borrowers are required to use a FSA ID, made up of a username and password, to access certain US Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID is used to confirm your identity when accessing your financial aid information and electronically signing your federal student aid documents.
- Submit the FAFSA - CVCC SCHOOL CODE: 005318
If you needed assistance with submitting your FAFSA, please use the online tutorial “7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA.” For assistance with the IRS Data Retrieval Tool for the FAFSA, visit FAFSA Help and click on “IRS DATA RETRIEVAL TOOL.”
- Once your FAFSA has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation page and e-mail notification that your FAFSA has been received and processed. If no e-mail address is provided, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) in the mail. Check the SAR for accuracy and make sure CVCC is listed as a recipient of your information.
- Upon receipt of your FAFSA data from the Department of Education, the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will contact you via your CVCC student e-mail account, requesting documents needed to complete your file. Submit all requested documentation promptly to complete your financial aid application.
- Financial Aid award letters are emailed to students once the FAFSA is received by the school, all documents are processed and the file is complete. The e-mail will give students information on how to view their award letter using Self Service Financial Aid in “MYCVCC Portal.” For assistance with MYCVCC Portal, please visit MyCVCC Portal Help page.
Note: The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid cannot provide you with an estimated award until you have been admitted to the College and have chosen an eligible program of study.
» Additional help with submitting the FAFSA