Apply Now Campus Tour

Student Records - Third Party Waiver

Students needing to release information to a third party must sign a Third Party Waiver.

Release of Student Information

In following the guidelines set forth by FERPA, Catawba Valley Community College is unable to release student records to any individual, including parents, without the written consent of the student.

A student may complete the Waiver To Allow Release of Information To A Third Party (PDF) form. The student must appear before a notary public to have the form notarized for it to become valid.

The third party is responsible for presenting both the notarized form and and a valid picture ID before any information can be released.

To view these (PDF) documents you may need to download Free Adobe reader at


Kelly Plumley
Director of Student Records
(828) 327-7000, ext. 4395