Student Leadership Academy 2012-2013
Leaders aren't always born; sometimes they are formed.
Enhance your employability--or the chances of being accepted at a four-year institution--by participating in CVCC's prestigious year-round Student Leadership Academy. Application deadline is Sept. 26.
Take part in service learning projects, learn how to develop a professional portfolio, identify your individual leadership traits, learn how to manage conflict productively, develop critical thinking and decision-making skills and enhance your communication skills.
To be considered for the Student Leadership Academy, you must:
1. Be enrolled in an associate degree program at CVCC.
2. Have clearly demonstrated leadership potential, maturity, and the willingness to accept responsibility in your classes/organizations.
3. Be nominated by CVCC faculty, staff or Administration; or self-nominate.
4. Complete an application.
5. Have two (2) references submitted.
Benefits of Participation in SLA 2012-2013
• Leadership training that will make you more marketable as you seek employment
• Financial assistance applied toward your spring semester tuition
• Networking opportunities with college and community leaders
• Leadership resources, including materials, internal and external speakers, and experiential learning activities
• Opportunities to assist with special events at CVCC, such as registration, campus tours, speakers, Preview,graduation ceremonies, etc.
• Opportunity to serve as an intern in Student Services and other areas on campus
• Opportunities to represent the college as a “CVCC Ambassador”
• “CVCC Leadership Symposium” (An event featuring outside speakers where you will be both host and participant) Certificate of Completion to be presented at Awards Day
• Opportunity to be nominated for the NC Community College Student Leadership Program in Raleigh and other leadership awards
• A strong addition to your resume and to your four-year college applications
Enrollment is limited! If applications exceed available slots, interviews will be conducted.