Early High School Graduates
Sometimes students are able to complete high school requirements for graduation in the Fall term of their senior year. They may decide to enroll in CVCC for the Spring term. Be aware that CVCC operates on a slightly different calendar than area public school systems. Our Spring 2017 term begins Monday, January 9. The College will re-open Monday, January 2, 2017. Please plan ahead to avoid disappointment.
We offer Flex Start classes which begin early February. This Flex Start class timing allows early high school graduates the opportunity to order official transcripts, take placement tests and register for classes.
Early grads, please read below and choose your next step accordingly:
- If you will be 18 years of age on or before January 9, 2017, go to How To Enroll and follow the steps.
- If you will not be 18 years of age on or before January 9, 2017, but you will graduate before January 9, 2017, you need to provide evidence of graduation. There are two ways to provide that evidence:
1. Ask your high school counselor/home school administrator to complete the VERIFICATION LETTER (PDF) on high school/home school letterhead. For faster service, FAX the Verification Letter to Ms. Kris Putman, CVCC Records, at 828-624-5208; OR
2. You may bring the completed VERIFICATION LETTER (PDF) in a sealed envelope to the Records Window in the Student Services building PRIOR to your Advising Center appointment. This Verification Letter will allow a registration block to be removed from your records.
- If you will not be 18 years of age on or before January 9, 2017 and you will not graduate early from high school, visit Career and College (CCP).
Advising & Registration for Flex Start classes begins late January by appointment in the CVCC Advising Center. Visit the Advising Center webpage to make an advising and registration appointment.
Tuition and fees are due at the time of registration. Students are responsible for tuition & fee payments by cash, check, credit card or payment plan.
Text books are not included in tuition/fees and must be purchased separately.
The deadline for Spring financial aid awarding is October 15, 2015. If you are eligible for aid, it takes 2-3 weeks for processing and disbursement.
Admission staff members, located in the Student Services building, are available to meet early graduates in a one on one customized visit until December 19, 2016 at 4:00pm and beginning again on January 2, 2017.