Fall 2021 CVCC Schedule Information
Welcome Back Red Hawks! Fall 2021 CVCC Schedule Information.
Catawba Valley Community College is excited to welcome students and staff back to campus for the Fall 2021 semester! The campus community is anxious to help students enroll and register for classes on-campus OR virtually OR online. The fall schedule has a variety of classes to meet students’ needs. Our campus team has been working diligently to ensure enhanced cleaning protocols and safety for students and staff as we enter the fall semester. Our goal is to provide a healthy, safe learning environment for all Red Hawks. Please check out our fall schedule and let us know how we can help you become part of Red Hawk Nation!
The safety, health, and well-being of our campus community will always be our highest priority. We have strategies in place to continuously monitor changing healthcare issues that would determine if or when a change in campus activities may be required. Our Fall 2021 course offerings include:
- Seated/Hybrid. A course designed for on-campus in person learners only. These courses will have online components through BB in addition to scheduled seated class meetings. In some cases, students who are attending in person may rotate by day of the week to give on-campus students equal opportunity to be in the classroom in person.
- Virtual – Classes are synchronous, technology-enhanced and fully interactive remote learning using live lectures via WebEx. These classes will meet on scheduled days/times, similar to a seated class. Your instructor will project live instruction at the scheduled class time. Virtual classes offer the benefits of face-to-face instruction in an interactive, online group-learning environment. Students may be required to come to campus at designated times for tests or labs if stated in the schedule.
- Online Only. An online course is taught asynchronously. The class is available fully online 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week. There are no scheduled meeting days/times. Class assignments are completed based on an instructional class calendar provided by faculty.
In an effort to maximize flexibility for faculty and students, we will offer different instructional options because we believe that these options will encourage excellence while also providing flexibility. This flexibility will be crucial to our ability to include students who would not otherwise be able to enroll and make timely progress towards their degree. Recognizing that each academic school is different, our deans and department heads will work with their faculty members to determine the delivery option that best fits each course offering given the following general guidance. For all courses, decisions regarding instructional modes will be based on the following considerations:
- Program and curricular goals, as determined by our faculty and department heads/directors.
- Special conditions and needs (e.g., equipment, access to materials, synchronous or asynchronous options).
- Appropriateness of the instructional delivery mode for the course being taught.
Note: While enrolled at CVCC, all students should have regular, reliable access to a personal, Internet-connected computer in order to successfully complete their coursework. (Desktop and laptop devices are preferred, but tablets will also function in most cases. Cell phones are not recommended to complete online coursework.)