Apprenticeship Catawba is an exciting new partnership between local advanced manufacturers, Catawba and Alexander County Schools and Catawba Valley Community College.
Did you know jobs in Mechatronics and Computer Integrated Machining are in demand?
- Enjoy a career working with robots, computer aided design or electronics?
- Want an opportunity for a college scholarship and NO student loans?
- Want to take a college classes your junior and senior years in high school at no cost to you?
- Want a career that pays well?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, » Download more information from the Apprenticeship Catawba Industry Partners (PDF). Call us at (828) 327-7000, ext. 4294 for more information.
To qualify for the program, one must be a high school junior with a 3.0 minimum grade point average, have good attendance and pass placement tests. Students must also be recommended by a high school guidance counselor or Career and Technical Education advisor.
Want to learn more about apprenticeship opportunities?
» Download the following Apprenticeship Catawba Industry Partner Presentation (PDF).
- National Minimum Wage for US: $7.25/hr and $15,080/year
- Minimum Wage in NC: $7.25/hr and $15,080/year
- NC School Teacher with Bachelors Degree $35,000/year
- Police Officer $36,500
Apprenticeship Graduate $34,000
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic $43,000
- Experienced Tool and Die Maker $46,000
- Controls Technician $53,000
- Mechatronics Technician $62,000
» CVCC Apprenticeship Catawba News Release
To view these (PDF) documents you may need to download Free Adobe reader at www.adobe.com.