The Library is located on the second floor of the CAD building.
Welcome to the Catawba Valley Community College Library home page. We are committed to supporting the mission of CVCC by providing resources and materials that will intellectually challenge our students, faculty members, staff members, and community patrons in their educational endeavors.
Changes in Effect Until the Library Reopens
Do You Need Reference Help, but the Library is Closed? Chat with a Librarian After Hours!
- The physical library is closed; however, virtual research and reference assistance is available Monday-Thursday from 8:00 AM-4:30 PM. Librarians are available via email, telephone, and text message.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (828) 327-7000, ext. 4229
- Text: (828) 237-1784
- Those needing laptops or other technical devices for their online classes should call the CVCC COVID-19 Hotline: (828) 624-5219.
- Due dates for all books borrowed during the spring semester have been extended to May 8. Return books when campus reopens.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our Off-Campus Access Library Guide for more information.
Temporary Operating Hours
|Monday-Thursday||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
The CVCC Library follows the campus schedule for Institutional openings and closings. Opening hours change during semester breaks. Changes in the Library schedule will be posted to the CVCC Portal and the CVCC Library Facebook page.
The Library is the information resource center for Catawba Valley Community College. Resources are available to allow patrons to browse current and local events in newspapers, follow trends and historically significant events in magazines, and complete scholarly research using our selection of academic journals. Library patrons may also access information via our online resources. One such resource is NC LIVE, a collection of online databases providing access to books, periodicals, streaming video, and more. NC LIVE is available to all library patrons using any public or academic library in North Carolina. Additionally, we maintain a small leisure reading collection of popular titles on loan from the Catawba County Public Library System.
All of the materials within the library are indexed in the OPAC, the Online-Public-Access Catalog. The OPAC identifies the location and status of materials in the CVCC Library.
To borrow library materials, patrons need to have a current Library User Account. Accounts may be activated at the Library Circulation Desk using the CVCC OneCard or a faculty/staff ID. Distance or cohort students and community patrons may obtain a Library account by visiting the Library Circulation Desk or by completing a Library Card Application.
Library staff members are here to assist patrons in the use of our resources. We are eager to help our student, faculty, staff, and community users succeed in their research activities.
We welcome suggestions and comments on improving your CVCC Library experience.