Vision: For all students, staff and faculty to embrace and value diversity.
Mission: To provide the catalyst for creating a climate on CVCC campuses for a positive educational experience for all students.
If you have a disability and need accommodations, please contact the Counselor of Disability Services at least 72 hours in advance at 828-327-7000, ext. 4222 or email@example.com.
Steve O. Hunt, Executive Director
828-327-7000, ext. 4570
Objectives for 2008-2009
- Start a Minority Male Mentoring program on the CVCC campuses.
- Create an advisory committee for the Office of Multicultural Affairs.
- Partner with the office of Accademic Affairs to add a component to the ACA 111 classes on understanding multiculturalism on the CVCC campuses to start by spring 2009.
- Take student and community members to the North Carolina Community College System Minority Male Mentoring Conference in April 2009 in Durham, NC.
- Partner with Lenoir-Rhyne College Office of Multicultural Affairs to start a community date of celebrating multiculturalism on the CVCC campuses.
- Create a multicultural resource center with videos, books and other resources for students, faculty and staff.
The Multicultural Affairs Office is located on the first floor of the Cuylar A. Dunbar (CAD) building.
» Waiting on the World to Change