Apply Now Campus Tour

Records, Frequently Asked Questions

Need more information? Contact Student Records.

Frequently Asked Questions For Records

Q.  Where do I purchase graduation merchandise (i.e., cap, gown, etc.)?


Q. What do I need to know if I plan to take courses at another college and apply them toward my CVCC degree?

A. The college must be a regionally accredited institution. Courses taken must equate to the CVCC courses required for your program of study (major). Grades earned must be a "C-" or higher. An official transcript must be submitted to Student Records for evaluation.


Q. What do I need to know if I plan to take any of my last 15 hours at another college?

A. Permission must be obtained from the Dean of the School of Access, Development, and Success (or designee).  Please visit Student Services to begin the process. 


Q. What steps do I need to take to apply for Graduation?


Q. When will I receive my printed diploma?

A. Diplomas will be mailed approximately 6-8 weeks after the semester ends. If you don't receive your diploma in the mail, please check with your local post office to inquire about attempted delivery.


Q. What are full commencement privileges?

A. Full commencement privileges include: name printed in commencement bulletin and review of graduation requirements to ensure timely posting of degree/credentials to your academic transcript. Full privileges will be awarded to individuals who submit their graduation application by the priority deadline date.


Q. What are the requirement for graduation with honors and/or high honors?


Q. After I have graduated, what do I need to do in order to take additional courses?

A. Congratulations on your graduation from CVCC!! If you would like to take additional courses, please meet with Admissions staff to declare a new program of study.


Q. What transcript request option should I use if I need my transcript "held for grades" or "held for degree posted"?



Kelly Plumley
Director of Student Records
(828) 327-7000, ext. 4395