Discover Your Possibilities. See all the Advantages Catawba Valley Community College can offer YOU.
CVCC is more than just an excellent educational institution. Our faculty and staff are experts on a wide variety of subjects, and arrangements can be made to have one of them speak at your next community group meeting. We provide facilities for use by thousands every year, including athletic teams, government and nonprofit groups. Plus, we're a great place to work! Check out everything that CVCC offers the communities we serve.
10 Numbers you should know about Catawba Valley Community College:
- CVCC ranks #1 out of 58 North Carolina Community Colleges for 2017, by Niche.com
- CVCC awarded almost 30,000 degrees, diplomas and certificates since 1962
- CVCC ranks as the 30th fastest growing community college in the entire US for 2015
- CVCC’s Skills USA Chapter is the consecutive, 3-year National Chapter-of-the-Year, 2013 – 2016
AND the consecutive, 4-year National Champion in Entrepreneurship, 2012 – 2016
- CVCC’s high school, Challenger Early College High ranks better than 96.8% of high schools in NC – 2016 – also recognized by Newsweek as a Best High School, achieving a 100% graduation rate
- CVCC’s healthcare, first responder and other students learn in the world-class Valley Simulated Hospital, at almost 30,000 sq. ft. the largest facility of its kind east of the Mississippi River
- CVCC graduates of its Catawba Valley Furniture & Manufacturing Academies since 2014 to 2017 have a 100% employment rate
- CVCC’s positive economic impact is almost $262 million annually determined by a 2015 national study by EMSI
- CVCC has added the equivalent of 5,095 new jobs to its Service Area, economically
- CVCC returns $9.00 for every single dollar invested by society through gains in state income and societal savings AND returns over $4.00 for every dollar invested by taxpayers
- Dr. Garrett D. Hinshaw, President
- Dr. Keith Mackie, Vice President of Instruction
- Wes Bunch, Vice President of Finance
Catawba Valley Community College adheres to an "open door" policy with no discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, religion, creed, sex, age, or disability or national origin in its programs and activities.