How to Apply for Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid is simple. Just follow the steps below!
Important Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Information
CVCC School Code: 005318
The most important step in applying for financial aid is completing the FAFSA. Students should complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1 each year.
To complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA, students should use their and/or their parents' 2019 tax information. To complete the 2022-2023 FAFSA, students should use their and/or their parent's 2020 tax information.
Note: There is NO charge associated with submitting the FAFSA. It is a FREE application. If students have questions, contact The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid or the Federal Student Aid Agency at (800) 433-3243.
Follow these steps to apply for financial aid at CVCC:
- Go to the CVCC Apply Now page and follow the application steps.
- Create a FSA ID. Students, parents, and borrowers are required to use a FSA ID, made up of a username and password, to access certain US Department of Education websites. The FSA ID is used to confirm identity when accessing financial aid information and electronically signing the federal student aid documents.
- Submit the FAFSA - CVCC School Code: 005318
If assistance is needed with submitting the student's FAFSA, please use the online tutorial “7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA.” For assistance with the IRS Data Retrieval Tool for the FAFSA, visit FAFSA Help and click on “IRS DATA RETRIEVAL TOOL.”
- Once the student's FAFSA has been submitted, they will receive a confirmation page and email notification that their FAFSA has been received and processed. If no email address is provided, they will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) in the mail. Check the SAR for accuracy and make sure CVCC is listed as a recipient of your information.
- Upon receipt of the student's FAFSA data from the Department of Education, the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will contact the student via their CVCC student email account, requesting documents needed to complete the student's file. Submit all requested documentation promptly to complete the financial aid application.
- Financial Aid award letters are emailed to students once the FAFSA is received by the school, all documents are processed and the file is complete. The email will give students information on how to view their award letter using Self Service Financial Aid in “MYCVCC Portal.” For assistance with MYCVCC Portal, please visit MyCVCC Portal Help page.
Note: The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid cannot provide students with an estimated award until they have been admitted to the College and have chosen an eligible program of study.