CVCC is an excellent choice for military service members, veterans, and their spouses and independents. We are proud to help coordinate VA Benefits with the student's educational goals.
Veterans Affairs Educational Benefits
CVCC is approved for Veterans Affairs Educational Benefits. Any student wishing to use VA Benefits should contact Erin Conway, CVCC VA Certifying Official, to determine if your program of study is approved.
How to Apply for VA Educational Benefits
- Students must qualify to receive VA Educational Benefits. Eligibility is determined by Veterans Affairs, not CVCC.
- Visit the VA Education and Training website to apply for benefits. The VA will provide students with a Certificate of Eligibility.
- CVCC has no control of VA policy and rulings. It is the student's responsibility to comply with VA rules and procedures covered in appropriate laws, regulations, and pamphlets.
- If you are a new student who wishes to use VA Benefits, find a full ist of instructions on the VA Educational Venefits Checklist. No certification can be made until all these requirements are met.
- VA students are responsible for the payment of tuition, fees, and books at registration. Only Chapter 33 students may defer tuition and fees by completing a tuition waiver each semester.
- VA payments are made directly to students after classes have begun. VA students are encouraged to apply for Federal Financial Aid.
Reach out to our CVCC VA Certifying Official to dertermine if your Continuing Education program is approved.
Direct Deposit Information
A Direct Deposit request can be made in writing or by calling the VA toll free number, 1 (877) 838-2778. You can also complete the request online through WAVE.
Please make sure to have your VA file number (Social Security number) and banking information (account and routing number) to complete the request. A mail-in form is available from our CVCC VA Certifying Official.
CVCC Veterans Center
The CVCC Veterans Center is a designated space for students who use VA Educational Benefits while attending CVCC. The center offers computer access, internet access, and printer devices, as well as a quiet place to study.
Location: VSL 218
Hours and Open Tours: Contact our Certifying Official Erin Conway to learn our current hours or to tour the facility.
LOCAL VA OFFICES
Hickory VA Office, 1st Plaza
1985 Tate Blvd SE
Hickory, NC 28602
Newton VA Office
100-A SW Blvd.
Newton, NC 28658