Everyday Entrepreneur Venture Fund
Catawba Valley Community College Entrepreneur Funding.
Do you want to Start a Business?
Please see information about the CVCC Everyday Entrepreneur Venture Fund for a Start-Up Grant!
The CVCC Everyday Entrepreneur Venture Fund (EEVF) provides grants to support CVCC students and recent graduates by helping them to start their own business with grants of up to $5,000! We’ll help you develop your business plan, and you will have a chance to pitch to a funding committee for a start-up grant.
CVCC offers a fall and spring grant cycle. The spring application cycle is now closed, but check back for information on our fall cycle.
- You must be a current CVCC student with at least 24 credit hours or someone who has graduated from CVCC within the last 24 months (no earlier than December 2018).
- You need a business idea, which is possible to start within 20 weeks, or an existing business in its early stages.
- Your business must support at least one full-time job within 12 months of its start-up.
- Our Spring 2021 application period will open on February 22 and be open through March 10.
- You will complete in a free 8-week Ice House Entrepreneurship cohort, a nationally recognized program to assist you in assessing the viability of your business idea. You will be part of a cohort which will meet online once a week to build and test your plan.
- Applicants will submit their application through Startup Space, a virtual community to network and to connect to resources.
You will work with CVCC EEVF advisors to create a:
- Lean Business Plan
- Financial Plan, including projected Profit and Loss and Cash Flow Statements.
- Funding Request, explaining how much money is being requested and how it will be used to further the business idea or business.
With the assistance of our EEVF advisors, applicants will use this information to create a presentation for our EEVF Funding Committee, which will be responsible for determining which businesses will receive grants and the specific grant amounts. Grant recipients will be required to secure an Employment Identification Number and open a business bank account before they can receive the grant.
Grant recipients will receive free mentoring assistance, and be required to provide updates of their progress.
Our Spring cycle is currently underway. Please check back for information on the Fall 2021 EEVF Grant cycle.
Need More Information?
(828) 327-7000, ext. 4011
The Everyday Entrepreneur Venture Fund is made possible through a partnership with the National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship (NACCE).
Learn more about the Everyday Entrepreneur Venture Fund.