New Student Orientation
Welcome to RedHawk Nation
Be a great CVCc Student
Please watch this video for important information about CVCC and student responsibilities.
Learn all about CVCC Technology
Please watch this video for important information about how to access your CVCC electronic accounts and coursework as a CVCC student. Students should be sure they can access all their CVCC accounts by the start date(s) of their courses. You can also view how to access your CVCC accounts here.
Follow Your Roadmap to Success
When you requested to activate your CVCC Application by distance, you were sent an email from an admissions staff member. That email was entitled “Information – MUST READ.” In that email, you were provided instructions for logging into your MyCVCC Portal. You will find a lot of helpful information in the New Student Information section of MyCVCC Portal. Check it out!
Register for a live CVCC Online Orientation
Sign up for a live session with CVCC faculty for extra tips and to ask questions and receive guidance for navigating seated, hybrid, and online classes for your Fall 2022 semester.
KEYS TO SUCCESS
- Check your CVCC email regularly.
- Complete all assignments to keep your grades up as high a possible.
- Utilize the CVCC Learning Assistant Center if your grades begin to drop.
- Most instructors are willing to allow you to submit assignments or take exams early but not late.
- Set reminders so that you are sure to meet all deadlines.
- CVCC does not have excused absences. If you know in advance that you will be absent from class, notify your instructor as soon as possible.
- Class attendence and/or participation can be tied to a grade so read the syllabus carefully.
- Plan to spend 1-3 hours on studying and doing homework for each hour of class time.
- Cheating has major consequences in college. Make sure you read and understand CVCC 2.16 Academic Honesty Policy.
If you have a disability and need accommodations, please contact the Counselor of Disability Services at least 72 hours in advance at (828) 327-7000, ext. 4222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.