Strategic Action Plan
Catawba Valley Community College Strategic Action Plan - 2022-2027
CVCC - Strategic Action Plan 2022-2027
A message from the president
Catawba Valley Community College strives to provide access and opportunity through higher education to anyone seeking that “next step” in their life journey by becoming the “Best Community College in America”. Our faculty and staff are committed to excellence in everything we do through our interactions, services, and support of all of our stakeholders. Partnership is a must as we continue to expand state-of-the-art programs and facilities for all those seeking to better themselves through our portal.
Our Strategic Plan is the roadmap that will drive our college into the future as we focus and assure that our efforts create a return on investment for our students, partners, and the entire region. We will achieve this plan by committing to the Four E’s: Quality Engagements, Valuing Every Interaction, a Commitment to Excellence, and Relentless Execution.
These are not just words on paper but rather a commitment to the future of our service area, region, and state that will be built upon accountability and drive our operations every day. In the Catawba Valley, we are assisting every stakeholder in pursuing their dreams for the future. Together, W.E. S.O.A.R! We are Red Hawk Nation!
Dr. Garrett Hinshaw, President
Catawba Valley Community College
Our Vision an Mission
We will empower students to transform the communities of our region, and our state by providing exceptional learning experiences, premier workforce development, and engaging personal enrichment.
Catawba Valley Community College is committed to excellence, quality engagement, valuing every interaction, and relentless execution in the transformation of our students and communities.
The Four E's
Where Students are our focus
- Committed to Excellence
- We value continuous improvements in teaching and learning experience.
- Quality Engagement
- We value quality engagement to develop the potential of every student and employee.
- Value Every Interaction
- We value every interaction within our communities to provide safe, professional, and inclusive campuses.
- Relentless Execution
- We value relentless execution to exceed the expectations of our students and our communities.
- World-Class Service
- Excellence in Teaching
- Successful Students
- Optimal Data-Driven Decisions
- Access to Technology
- Represent our Community
WORLD-CLASS SERVICE means exceeding the customer service expectations of students, families, colleagues, and the community.
- Create an environment committed to caring for and supporting the diverse needs of all college constituents.
- Promote positive, collaborative communication between students, families, employees, and our community.
- Cultivate a mindset that promotes servant leadership.
- Encourage personal enrichment and engaging opportunities for all members of the college community.
EXCELLENCE IN TEACHING
EXCELLENCE IN TEACHING is one of the core functions of the college. Exceptional teaching and learning opportunities are those that prepare students for meaningful employment, provide academic development, and personal enrichment.
- Meet or exceed academic growth at all of our campuses and across diverse student groups by enhancing the quality of teaching and learning.
- Commit to continuous improvement in student learning outcomes.
- Promote academic excellence through research-based practices of teaching and learning.
- Develop campus-wide instructor and supervisory leadership capacity.
- Provide pedagogical support for instructors and supervisors in developing curriculum content.
SUCCESSFUL STUDENTS have opportunities for career exploration in a supportive college environment.
- Prepare students with relevant, rigorous, and equity-focused instruction.
- Increase learning opportunities for students through the integration of flexible learning spaces, technology and inquiry-based problem learning, and non-traditional learning.
- Present opportunities for students to explore a variety of careers through advising and work-based learning.
- Support students academically, emotionally, mentally, physically, and financially to empower healthy, independent, life-long learners.
- Encourage mutually supportive, engaging relationships with families and community partners.
OPTIMAL DATA-DRIVEN DECISIONS
OPTIMAL DATA-DRIVEN DECISIONS ensure that we are centered on student success.
- Provide actionable data to enhance the decision-making process.
- Leverage student performance data to improve the teaching and learning environment for student success.
- Utilize employee performance data for continuous improvement.
- Analyze data to identify and understand community education and workforce needs.
- Ensure fiscal accountability and transparency through a collaborative decision-making process.
ACCESS TO TECHNOLOGY
ACCESS TO TECHNOLOGY is a priority for our college community. Innovative solutions will be implemented to address infrastructure and provide resources that are reliable, scalable, flexible, and equitable.
- Enrich student learning by matching appropriate emerging technologies to the learning experience.
- Promote innovative academic environments through the adoption of new technologies and teaching tools.
- Transform all service centers and information systems to become more centralized and user-friendly.
- Ensure digital equity by increasing capacity for internet connectivity, overcoming device barriers, and providing technical support.
REPRESENT OUR COMMUNITY
OUR COMMUNITY IS REPRESENTED by a variety of stakeholders who include employers, business partners, educational institutions, and community organizations.
- Strengthen partnerships with local employers and economic development boards by providing a skilled workforce.
- Collaborate with employers to create economic mobility opportunities for students.
- Create new partnerships and strengthen existing partnerships with educational institutions.
- Provide internal and external programs that enrich the educational and economic development of our region.