The Workforce Development training can help increase your productivity with specialized training to meet your needs.
Our Corporate Development Center is the leader in providing the needed training for our business partners and offer creative solutions to the challenges business and industry face in today’s environment.
From Supervisory Training, to Continuous Improvement Solutions, our Workforce Development Innovation Center provides services to help businesses succeed in today's global economy. A few of our training solutions include: Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Leadership, SolidWorks, Mechatronics, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification, Robotics, and PLCs. Many of these programs can be delivered on-site at your facility, aligning with your work schedules. Visit the On-Site Training webpage for more details.
HOW TO LOGIN to Portal, Email, and Blackboard for current students and employees.
SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS
- SECU Foundation Bridges to Careers Scholarship Program. Assistance with obtaining state-regulated or industry recognized credentials.
- CVCC's Catawba Apprenticeship Network. You can be guaranteed employment based on satisfactory job performance.
- Apply for a START-UP GRANT! The CVCC Everyday Entrepreneur Venture Fund (EEVF) provides grants up to $5,000 for a limited time. Check out the EEVF website to see if you qualify.
- Short Term Workforce Development Grant Program Assistance with obtaining state-regulated or industry recognized credentials. Register for the Workforce Development Grant.
- Golden LEAF Scholarship Scholarships are available to students from qualifying counties, who demonstrate financial need, to help them attend college. Contact Brandy Stewart, Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid at email@example.com or 828-327-7000. ext 4450.
» View Course Schedules for dates.
Our Innovation Center has established several academies to support the growing need of businesses and the community. The CVCC Furniture Academy, CVCC Manufacturing Academy, CVCC Construction Careers Academy, and Hospitality Academy are available to train or retrain employees with the qualified skills needed.
Leaders Talks: Covid-19 Series
View our past series of Leadership Talks: Leading Your Employees through the Battle with COVID-19 and Our Community Battle with COVID 19.
Contact us for training solutions.
Senior Executive Director, Corporate & Economic Development
K64 and Talent Development
Email: Randall Burns
Office Number: CDC 103
Business and Professional
Construction Careers Academy
Human Resources Development
Licensure and Certification
Manufacturing Solutions Center
Small Business Center
Truck Driver Training