Admission requirements for new and transfer international students
CVCC Admission Requirements for New International Students
International students will need to complete the following:
- Submit the Application for Admission. Please provide complete information and attach a photograph of the student to the application. The student must list their foreign address. Incomplete forms will be returned and will result in delays in reviewing the student's application.
- Submit complete, official academic records in English from secondary and post-secondary schools. Records should include courses taken, grades received, and degrees or certificates earned. They should be sent directly to the college or included in the student's application in sealed envelopes. All transcripts must be evaluated and translated by any one of the agencies affiliated with NACES. A list of those agencies is found at NACES.
» SpanTran Pathway - Catawba Valley Community College
» Foreign Credential Evaluations For Catawba Valley Community College School Applicants
- International students may be required to take CVCC placement testing in English and mathematics.Testing will be determined by the International Student Advisor.
- Submit Affidavit of Financial Support (Attachment B). All international student applicants must submit a notarized affidavit, which must be accompanied by an original letter in English from the student's bank or financial institution verifying the availability of funds to support a full-time student and any accompanying dependents for each year of study. An I-20 form will not be issued until all financial documentation is received and approved.
- Submit official report from the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). TOEFL scores must be less than five (5) years old. The school code for Catawba Valley Community College is 005098. The minimum scores for admissions: paper-based score of 540, the minimum Internet-based score of 76 and the minimum computer based score of 213. Applicants who do not meet minimum TOEFL scores will not be admitted. Information regarding the TOEFL may be obtained by contacting:
Princeton, New Jersey, USA 80540
Submit your Home Country Address Form (Attachment C) and list your home country on the CVCC application.
Submit all documents by the required deadline.
To download a printable PDF copy of this document, visit the Admission Packet and Forms page.