Application checklist for international students to complete the application and admission process
International Student Application Final Checklist
Before mailing the student's application to the CVCC Admissions Office, be sure the following items are complete and included:
- Application for admission is completed and signed with a notarized signature if sent in by mail. The student's preferred program of study should be checked on the last page of the application. The student must list a foreign address.
- Financial documents including an Affidavit of Support (Attachment B) and an original letter from the student's sponsor’s bank giving specific account balance information. Bank letters must be in English, or translated, if necessary, and on official bank stationery. Students must understand the information found on the Estimated Annual Expenses form provided in this information packet.
- Official high school or secondary school transcripts translated to English. They should be mailed directly from the student's high school or included with the student's application in sealed envelopes and translated and evaluated by agencies associated with NACES (www.naces.org).
- One photograph of the student.
- The Verification of Home Country Address Form (Attachment C).
- Official TOEFL scores: International student applicants must prove to have sufficient knowledge of the English language to enable them to pursue a full course of study for credit. The applicant must submit the results of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) taken within the past five (5) years to CVCC. Our institutional TOEFL code is 005098. The minimum paper-based score is 540, minimum computer based score is 213 and the minimum Internet-based score is 76. Applicants not meeting the minimum TOEFL scores will not be admitted to CVCC. Information regarding this test may be obtained by contacting:
Test of English as a Foreign Language
Princeton, New Jersey, USA 80540
- Visa Clearance Form for Transfer Students Only (Attachment D)
- Applications must be completed by the published deadlines. Submitting an incomplete application packet will cause delays in the processing of your I-20 form.
Please mail the completed application packet to:
Catawba Valley Community College
Office of Admissions
2550 Highway 70 SE
Hickory, NC 28602
Attn: International Admissions
The application must be mailed to the college, NOT to a friend or relative in the United States.
It usually takes one to two weeks to process an I-20 from a complete application and ten (10) additional business days for an I-20 to be mailed from the college to the applicant. I-20’s and acceptance letters cannot be Express mailed by the college. It is advised for students to keep a copy of their application for reference.
To download a printable PDF copy of this document, visit the Admission Packet and Forms page.