This course is designed to meet the training requirements for becoming qualified as a Medication Aide. The course will cover the six rights of medication administration for non-licensed personnel. Topics will include medication administration via the oral, topical and instillation routes, medical asepsis, hand hygiene, terminology, and legal implications. Upon completion, students should be able to take the competency exam and demonstrate skills necessary to qualify for listing on the North Carolina Medication Aide Registry.
Upon successful completion, students can apply for the NC State Competency Medication Aide exam.
This class is designed for Medication Aide training to work in an Assisted Living Facility.
Medication Aide courses are available throughout the year including summer and are posted on the Course Schedules in Continuing Education. To locate available courses please search “Medication Aide” from your browser search function.
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS & COST
Tuition for the Medication Aide course is $125.00 plus $90.00 for supplies, $1.25 in accident insurance, and a $5.00 technology fee. Textbook and other supplies required.
- Select the Medication Aide Course from the Continuing Education Course Schedules that best fits your schedule.
- Click the “Pre-registration” link and complete the Form
- Collect the following documentation:
- Government-issued signature bearing photo ID
- GED or High School Diploma/Transcript
- Currently active, unencumbered CNA I certification
- The continuing education department will contact you via E-mail to complete the registration process.
All enrollments must be pre-registered and pre-paid.
Students needing assistance with registration can contact Angie Rice at 828-327-7000 x4319, in person on CVCC’s Main Campus VSL221, or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Students needing program information can contact K. Brooke Kistler.